Here at Umpqua Valley Kennels we have a unique purchasing procedure. We do many things differently from most breeders, which may be why you are considering purchasing a pup from us!
~~ *PAGE MENU* ~~
What we are looking for when considering a new home/family for one of our puppies:
1. Maturity - You must be over 18 or a legal representative for the intended owner to purchase a puppy AND be of reasonable intelligence.
2. You must be able to demonstrate that you are secure financially,mentally and emotionally to purchase a pup and provide for the lifetime needs ( 13 to 15 years) and to maintain an excellent quality of life for the dog.
3. You must be able to commit to ALWAYS providing a safe and nurturing environment for the dog regardless of whether it be in a social setting,at home or while traveling.
4. You must be dedicated to following ALL instructions from us as to the care and TRAINING your new puppy will need as he/she joins your family. ***THIS INCLUDES TAKING THE TIME TO READ ALL THE "REQUIRED READING" BEFORE YOU TAKE YOUR NEW PUPPY HOME!.***
5. We must feel that you are being honest about your reasons for wanting a particular puppy and the lifestyle you intend to provide for him/her.
6. We advocate spay and neuter operations and hope you do too, as a way to provide a healthier, happier life for your pet and help curb needless pet overpopulation problems.
How to be approved as a Puppy Family with Umpqua Valley Kennels:
CONTACT US to receive our References and credentials. This should be your FIRST step with any breeder or person offering french bulldog puppies for sale. We will provide you with:
FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH THE REQUIRED READING LIST / aka PUPPY HANDBOOK
Placing our Pups and Retired Adults in the best homes is top priority. To us, this means regardless of the level of experience you may have with French Bulldogs- or dog ownership in general, you are dedicated to following OUR requirements of education, preparation and continued care.
HAVE A TELEPHONE INTERVIEW AND/OR VISIT IN PERSON WITH US
Please call to interview or set up an appointment. We schedule appointments 7 days a week and most holidays. 541-459-5951 (business cell#) We answer our telephone and return calls 7 days a week from 9 am to 9 pm. Calls and emails are generally returned within 48 hours.
We need to get to know you, and vice versa!
This step is crucial. We refuse to accept a deposit and sign a contract with anyone we feel is not a great fit for us and our pups/adults.
A Word About Our Life
- Breeding is not all rainbows and unicorns, it is real life. Our journey as breeders for well over the last decade has been complete with over the moon joy to the depths of heartache and sorrow. There may be times when we need to have difficult emotional conversations with you, we need to feel you are up to it. If we feel you lack emotional maturity, we will not place a puppy or adult with you.
We want you to be excited that you have chosen us as your breeder, and we want to feel the same about choosing you to be part of our frenchie family. If you are ready to join us, we welcome you!
DEPOSITS / PAYMENTS / FINANCING / DELIVERY:
Please review the following information so that if you have any questions, we can discuss them with you BEFORE the exciting day you are choosing your puppy!